Internal Medicine Site Evaluation Presentation Summary

I presented three cases during my internal medicine rotation. One on a patient with hematemesis, another on a patient with ileitis (posted on commons site), and the last on a patient with osteomyelitis. I presented 10 pharm cards on medications I saw during this rotation that I wanted to be more familiar with. During my site evaluations, I presented the patient cases with the relevant history with pertinent “OLDCARTS” information, relevant past medical history, surgeries, pertinent positive and negative review of systems, and pertinent positive and negative physical exam findings. Along with those elements I concluded with my differential diagnoses, assessment, and plan. I had the same site evaluator as the last rotation, and they noted an improvement in my presentation. I noticed I was able to keep the details only to what was necessary, which made my presentation more time efficient. Another piece of feedback I received was to think of more common etiologies instead of rare conditions when coming up with a list of differential diagnoses. For the future, I will list my differential diagnoses from most likely to least likely, which will help me place more focus on the more common things.