EM Site Evaluation Presentation Summary

For this 5th rotation, I presented 3 H&Ps on different cases in the emergency department: SVT, acute hearing loss, and pancreatitis. I also presented a brief summary of a journal article related to the pancreatitis case. Regarding the feedback I received, I appreciated seeing a good amount of positive comments on my submissions, as positive feedback is always uplifting and reinforces good habits. I also received comments regarding the case itself and how the plan may have been altered to better approach diagnosis and better manage the patient. For my SVT case, I was reminded to ask my patient about any cocaine, stimulant, or caffeine use. All feedback provided great learning points for my future rotations and career. I plan to broaden my differential diagnoses and come up with better plans that will help rule in/out life-threatening conditions (especially in the setting of the emergency department or urgent care). I will also continue writing some H&Ps with the patterns that I received positive feedback on.